Monday, February 27, 2012

timing


I’m hoping baby won’t come for at least four more days.

But I wouldn’t complain too much if labor started tonight…

I kind of want to make it past Leap Day and my birthday before baby day. Having the baby on either day doesn’t appeal to me. I guess I want baby to have his or her own day. Or I selfishly want my own birthday? Mom thing? Me thing? Something...

I’m so uncomfortable. Heartburn with every meal. Pulled muscles. Swelling. Stuffed up. Baby seems to like pushing on my bladder. Sitting…standing…moving…it all bothers me. 

Today, the doctor asked me if I would be interested in being induced next week if the baby didn’t arrive by the end of this week. I hadn’t expected that question. The nurses who taught the baby classes we took insisted that we absolutely would not be induced prior to the due date, barring any serious problems. With that in mind, I responded without giving it too much thought- “I was kind of planning on waiting till my due date.” My doctor was fine with that.

Then I got home and told Nathan and he seemed rather concerned that I hadn’t considered inducing early. That made me think that I probably appear to be more miserable than I realize. And, yes, as a matter of fact, Nathan does think I’m pretty miserable! 

So… I guess if I make it to next week’s appointment, I’ll question the doctor more closely about being induced. 

All, ultimately, is in God’s timing. In the meantime, I’m hauling myself off to bed. At least I can’t complain about discomfort when I sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment