Thursday, March 10, 2011

i was going to...

My plan for the week looked like this:

Monday - volunteer at the library

Tuesday - sort summer clothes, go to the bank, the grocery, and the mailboxes, followed by dinner with my small group girls

Wednesday - a trip to the library, the mall (not to buy, but to walk, as it was supposed to rain all day), and dinner with my in-laws

Thursday - more library volunteering

Monday and Tuesday went off well enough, with me accomplishing everything and finding less time to sit at home and be bored.

Wednesday looked like this - Wake up with a terrible sore throat. Can't talk. Can't swallow without convulsing in pain. Go to the doctor for a diagnosis and meds. Find out I have a fever to go with the throat. Spend the rest of the day on the couch.

Thursday - Called off the library, but feeling much better. I can swallow again! The fever is gone. I've been at home, trying to force down lots of water on the advice of some moms and a concerned husband.

So, I was going to do a lot of things this week, and only made it about halfway. The unfortunate part - most of my days look like Wednesday, minus the sickness. Spend the day on the couch...reading, watching movies, messing around online. And it's boring. I even go to bed early sometimes, in hopes of escaping the monotony.

I realize that sounds like depression, but I don't think I'm depressed...I'm just really bored. And that's part of the reason I started blogging again. If I put it out there, whether anyone reads it, I think I'll be more motivated to come up with things to fill my day.

Tomorrow, I plan to clean the house. I've tried to make that my usual Friday activity. Maybe afterward, I'll take that walk at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment